Empatia 26 by Artemide
- 1814018A - Empatia 16: 6.3125"D X 7.5"H
- 1818018A - Empatia 26: 10.25"D X 11.0625"H
- 1822018A - Empatia 36: 14.1875"D X 15"H
- 1814018A - Empatia 16: 1 X 11W 120V LED module; 3000K, 530 lumens (included)
- 1818018A - Empatia 26: 1 X 16W 120V LED module; 3000K, 710 lumens (included)
- 1822018A - Empatia 36: 1 X 24W 120V LED module; 3000K, 1189 lumens (included)
Design by Carlotta de Bevilacqua, Paola di Arianello.
Empatia is inspired by the association between the great glass-blowing tradition and the LED technology of Artemide. High interest in the expression potentials of this material resulted into co-operation with master glass blowers to gain full control of the special suppleness of Venetian glass and to work on the balance between surface and light, between subtle densities and transparencies. Hence clear, pure craft objects, each of them unique in all respects. Transparency and opacity are wisely dosed to obtain a glass that reflects light without glaring and without losing efficiency. Hence optical device, whose heart is a high-performance LED-based light engine created separately from the glass emission body in favor of higher thermal efficiency and performance. Light is controlled with maximum yield and driven towards the glass diffuser through a transparent pipe with a very low absorption coefficient.
The Empatia Wall/Ceiling Light is composed of a pained aluminum base with a hand blown glass diffuser. Features a white painted plate within the diffuser for light reflection. Available in three sizes.